Wow! We’ve had an incredible community response to the MEGA WORKDAY happening on Dec 17th. We can’t wait to see all the new faces and old friends who’ve committed to come out and work in the dirt on Knoxville’s newest trail network.
Everyone should bring work gloves and water, and any tools specified below for the team youâ€™ll be working on. Here are the full details:
- Day: December 17 2011
- Shifts: 9-12 and 1-4
- Lunch: provided at 12 noon
- Meet at Mead’s Quarry Parking Lot
- River Sports is giving away 100 $25 gift Cards.
- Ijams is Giving away Free individual memberships for ALL Workers. Â A family membership can be upgraded for the cost of the difference
- Lunch is at the “hub” on Imery’s Trail (intersection with the Keyhole trail)
There will be several crews:
- We will be surfacing the new flow trail to make it rideable year round. We will have two machines to load wheelbarrows but we need people hauling with wheelbarrows.
- What you can bring: a wheelbarrow, shovel and a hard garden rake
- We need: about 20 people
- Sunlight Gardens and Overhill Nurseries have donated A LOT of native plant material. Weâ€™ll be putting it in the ground.
- What you can bring: a garden spade, loppers, rakes, etc.
- We will be working on a new section of trail. The club has digging tools and loppers enough for 30 people
- We need people to haul lumber (mules) and people to build the bridge with Randy Farmer
WHAT WE DONâ€™T NEED
NO CHAINSAWS, PLEASE. Â The club has a couple of chainsaw-certified people who will do any chainsawing that is necessary. We appreciate the offers of chainsaws, but weâ€™ll definitely find other work for you.