The Knoxville Mercury featured AMBC in their 7/9/15 cover story. Read it here:
You made this happen.
Thanks to the help of all our friends old and new, we won the nationwide race for the Bell Helmets Bell Built grant, by a truly overwhelming margin. This is a big deal not just for AMBC or Knoxville, but for the entire East Coast, especially the Southeast.
Thanks to Exchequer Riders Club and COGGS for inspiring us to carry out the campaign that we did. They were strong competition and we look forward to seeing their projects come to fruition, too. We encourage you to check out their great trail systems anytime you’re in Mariposa, CA, or Duluth, MN.
What’s next: We’ll be working with IMBA Trail Solutions to finalize the design of the trail, while also continuing work on the other trails in the new bike park with AMBC volunteers. Check back here and on AMBC’s Facebook page for an up-to-date work schedule and volunteer opportunities, and keep an eye on downtowndownhill.com for updates on the work-in-progress.
Now let’s get to work. Let’s get rad.
Bell Helmets is awarding $100,000 to fund a trailbuilding project, and AMBC is a semifinalist! Vote for us to make the #DowntownDownhill dream a reality.
Knoxville’s Urban Wilderness has over 40 miles of trails for biking and hiking. The proposed “Gravity Trail” – which will include rock gardens, drops, and constructed features –will put us on the map as one of the premiere outdoor recreation destinations. It will add a cool new feature to our trails, attract new riders and businesses, and increase the desirability of our community.
HERE’S WHY IT’S IMPORTANT TO YOU:
- Recreational bicycling is a $200 billion industry in the US
- One in 20 Americans makes a living off outdoor recreation – 70,000 in Tennessee
- For every dollar spent on bicycling tourism, $7 more is spent in locations they visit
- Property values close to trails and greenways are up to 30% higher
Big thanks to REI for their support. AMBC has been awarded a $10,000 grant to build and maintain trails in Knoxville TN. We look forward to their arrival and our continuing partnership!
Join us as we celebrate:
- Acquisition of a new land purchase – a critically important wooded ridge top in South Knoxville, preserving natural views forever.
- Expansion of Ijams to 300-acres
- Anticipation of the opening of 3 Miles of New Multi-Use Trails built by the Appalachian Mountain Bike Club.